Internal Oak Doors in Bradford | 5 Reasons Why They’re the Superior Choice
Buying a home is the single biggest investment most people will ever make in their life. You want a home that’s comfortable, cosy, energy efficient, stylish and to your taste. While painting and decorating goes some way to putting your stamp on a home, as well as furnishing it the way you’d like, choosing the right type of doors throughout is an essential aspect that many people overlook.
Choosing wooden front doors over uPVC adds a completely different aesthetic to your home in Bradford, whereas opting for MDF over timber doors internally may not offer the best protection from draughts.
From hollow flush laminates to hardwoods, there are so many different types to choose from, it can be difficult to know which option is best.
That is why our joinery experts at BDS Doors have created a list of 5 reasons why we believe that internal oak doors are the superior choice.
- Aesthetics – If you’re looking at adding some style to the inside of your home, oak is the option for you. Whether treated or untreated, this beautiful type of wood adds aesthetic appeal and comes in a range of different colours, allowing you to select the right shade to match the design scheme of your home in the Bradford area.
Solid oak timber doors are a popular choice among homeowners because they complement everything from tables and chairs to sofas and cabinets. Homeowners with wooden front doors find that installing oak internal doors helps to continue the sense of warmth and natural appeal throughout their property.
- Insulation – Among the different types of timber doors you could opt for, oak is particularly unique as it is a very dense and yet fibrous material. This makes it perfect for keeping your house warm during the cold winter months and cool during the summer, as its fibrous makeup enables excess heat to dissipate.
Internal oak doors offer natural insulation all year round, helping to make your property in Bradford more energy efficient whilst saving you money on your energy bills.
- Soundproofing – While uPVC and other materials offer effective sound insulation, choosing timber doors or wooden front doors for your home provides a more natural sound barrier. Solid oak doors offer impressive acoustic absorption, making them the ideal choice for properties located on the side of busy roads with a lot of footfall or traffic.
Guitar makers around the world use oak to craft their instruments because of its superb acoustic qualities.
- Durability – Some customers around the Bradford area opt for cheaper veneer or laminate doors which often imitate natural timber doors, often poorly. However, it is worth remembering that they are cheap for a reason. Good-quality internal oak doors are extremely strong and durable, retaining their natural aesthetic appeal far longer than veneers and laminates, which can suffer visible wear and tear from constant use.
- Cost Effectiveness – At BDS Doors, we manufacture, supply and fit top-quality timber doors, wooden front doors and internal oak doors at competitive prices. While the cost of a single front door may be a standalone investment, replacing all the interior doors of your property in Bradford may seem like a daunting prospect. This is why some people choose cheaper alternatives.
However, oak offers excellent value for money, providing unparalleled visual appeal, soundproofing and heat insulation that will last a lifetime.